Thursday, January 16, 2014

Claiming It

in a recent discussion about Creativity and Art, a close friend encouraged me to claim my craft. i tend to think i'm not the most creative person, and the title 'Artist', when used in the same sentence with 'i am', makes me feel like an imposter. 

but - this friend is very smart. so i listened to her. and below is me, claiming it.


i'm a Historian,
and a Biographer.
i write to Remember.
i write to Forget.
i write to Honor, to Heal,
to Believe,
to Connect,

to Rejoice,
and Encourage.

i am a Live'r
i want to craft a Life 

with Whimsy,
with Love,
with Passion,
with Depth,
and Connection.

i am a Writer
of lists,
of love notes,
of letters,
of thoughts,
of desires,
of plans,
and my soul.

i am a Photographer
documenting,
frame-by-frame,
my Life,
my Muse,
my Children,
my Faith,
my Soul.

i Write and Photograph for the Delight of my Soul.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Good for you! You are on such a lovely path.

    ReplyDelete