Saturday, March 2, 2013

#fridayfaves 3.2.13

friday is about being grateful
  being present in the little things
remembering to breathe
seeing joy

A little birdy told me it isn't Friday anymore

a day late, a dollar shorter...
a day longer, a life fuller.

as i write this tonight, i am in such a place of peace and gratitude. 
my children are happy, warm, fed, and comfortable.
my belly is full, as is my spirit.

what's wonderful is this...i'm pretty sure there were some hairy moments this week.
i'm confident that someone went to bed without their hair brushed.
i'm positive i yelled at the wrong time. i'm also positive that karma returned that behavior with dozen eggs broken on the ground.
but tonight...i really don't remember much of anything.
i remember today
and if today is my last day to remember, it was a good day.
for today is all that really matters
but if tomorrow comes, my focus will turn to it - like my face turning to the sunrise.
a day longer, a life fuller.

many come to a place of gratitude through hardship,
while others find their way to gratitude through the wealth of life.
the hardships in my life have been few. 
i do believe my life is rich.
don't ask me for any money; i have little.
ask me for joy; it's in abundance over here.   

this is an amazing video - please take a moment to watch. 

 A Moving Art original short. 

Spend THIS day well. 


  
 

            

1 comment:

  1. Melanie, thanks so much for sharing this with us. I will be including this as a mincha moment for some time to come :)

    ReplyDelete